The Realme 10 series has been expanded with two new phones – Realme 10 Pro and Realme 10 Pro +, soon after the vanilla Realme 10, which we have already reviewed. Of the three phones, the Realme 10 Pro+ is the one that brings enough novelties to be called a proper sequel to the successful Realme 9 series. And this is the phone we have for review today – meet the Realme 10 Pro +.
With component shortages and issues with logistics, phone manufacturers are finding it difficult to release new mid-range phones that are much better than their predecessors. Fortunately, this is not the case with the Realme 10 Pro+, as it offers an updated design, better display, more powerful chipset, improved camera, and even a slightly faster charging speed over the Realme 9 Pro+.
Let’s start with the design. Realme 10 Pro+ is the first Realme series phone with curved front and back panels, which makes it look noticeably slimmer. And it’s not your typical little 2.5D curved edge spread out, it’s a proper 61-degree curve, similar to Galaxy Edge phones from the past.
Then there’s the larger AMOLED display, now at 6.7 inches, with a faster 120Hz refresh rate, 360Hz touch response, 10-bit color support, and a maximum brightness of 800nits. This is a welcome improvement over the 6.4-inch 90Hz AMOLED display on the Realme 9 Pro+, though we’re not sure if fans of the compact hardware will agree.
Chipset Updated – Now Realme 10 Pro+ uses the all-new Dimensity 1080 5G chipset, higher than the Dimensity 920 5G inside Realme 9 Pro+. The new chipset hosts a faster CPU and improved image processing performance.
The battery capacity remains at 5,000mAh, but the charging speed is now 67W, up from 60W on the Realme 9 Pro+.
The final improvement is for the stereo speakers — just like the Realme 10, the Realme 10 Pro+ offers Ultra Volume Boost, which may provide double the bass at the expense of sound quality.
The Realme 10 Pro+ runs on Android 13 with Realme UI 4.0, and is the first phone since the Pixel 7 duo we’re meeting to run the new Android version out of the box.
A glimpse of Realme 10 Pro + specifications:
- the body: 161.5 x 73.9 x 7.8mm, 173g; Glass front, plastic frame, plastic back.
- Show: 6.70 “AMOLED, 1B colors, HDR10 +, 120 Hz, 800 nits, resolution 1080 x 2412 pixels, aspect ratio 20.1: 9, 394 ppi.
- Slices: Dimensions MediaTek 1080 (6 nm): Octa-core (2 x 2.6 GHz Cortex-A78 and 6 x 2.0 GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G68 MC4.
- memory: 128 GB RAM 8 GB, 256 GB RAM 8 GB, 256 GB 12 GB RAM.
- Operating System / Software: Android 13, Realme UI 4.0.
- back camera: wide (main): 108 MP, f/1.8, 24mm, 1/1.67″, 0.64µm, PDAF; Ultra wide angle: 8 MP, f/2.2, 16mm, 112°; precise: 2 MP, f/2.4.
- front camera: 16 MP, f/2.5, 25mm (wide).
- Video capture: back camera: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120/480fps, 720p@960fps, gyro-EIS; front camera: 1080p@30fps.
- battery: 5000 mAh; 67 watts wired, PD3.0, 50% in 17 minutes (advertised).
- Miscellaneous: fingerprint reader (under display, optical); NFC; Stereo speakers.
Not everything has been improved since the Realme 9 Pro +. The Realme 10 Pro + has lost the audio jack, there is no information about the maker of the display glass, and the back panel is made of plastic instead of glass. No official word on waterproofing, not even basic splash resistance, which is also disappointing.
This is a circumvention of the premises.
Realme 10 Pro + unboxing
The Realme 10 Pro+ retail package is expected to be abundant – you’ll find the 67W fast charger and the required USB-C-to-A cable inside the box. There is also a soft protective sleeve inside the paper compartment.
Even better, the Realme 10 Pro+ arrives with a protective film pre-applied at the factory. It does a good job of keeping scratches away, but it’s also a fingerprint magnet.